Kemira is the only global player dedicated to pulp and paper –
Wolfgang Büchele, President and CEO of Kemira, gives a speech at the Zellcheming Expo opening
Kemira will join Zellcheming Expo 2013, the largest annual event for the pulp and paper industry in Europe. Dr. Wolfgang Büchele, President and CEO of Kemira, will discuss about Kemira’s dedication to pulp and paper industry at the official opening event on June 12, 2013.
According to Kemira's sharpened strategy that was published in April 2013, Kemira aims to further strengthen its position in the paper industry, focusing on packaging & board and tissue. “Kemira’s commitment to the paper industry means that we will continue to provide outstanding service and make investments in the product portfolio globally”, says Antti Matula, Director, Marketing & Product Lines, Paper. “Geographically mature markets remain important and continental Europe is seen as a key growth area in EMEA.”
At the exhibition Kemira will introduce new disruptive technologies to the market to ensure customers’ success. The main focus will be on product and service portfolio for paper wet-end, including strength technologies, microbiological control, and retention as well as drainage aids. In addition, Kemira will promote innovative next generation binders, and monitoring & analysis tools that enable to reduce paper and board machine deposit problems:
- Fennobond innovative strength technologies enable higher strength characteristics in board and tissue production with lower quality raw material thus at lower basis weight
- FennoClean concept is a biocide solution for targeted biofilm control with diagnostic technology.
- KemForm is a platform allowing papermakers to improve formation, retention and drainage in their process.
- Fennobind binders offer clear cost saving potential through reduced binder demand without any negative impact on print quality.
- KemFlite is a concept to manage hydrophobic substances by combining our novel analysis and monitoring tools with the broad deposit control product portfolio.
Zellcheming Expo 2013 takes place in Wiesbaden, Germany on June 12-14, 2013. The main theme for the event is "Fibers in process", and the focus will be on the modernization of the industry and the cycles of an innovative, sustainable bio-economy.