North America’s largest tissue-related gathering will again be staged at the Miami Beach Convention Center
Originally scheduled in March, Tissue World Miami 2020 was postponed due to the COVID-19 virus outbreak and has been rescheduled for Nov. 11-13, 2020, at the Miami Beach Convention Center. All existing exhibitor and delegate bookings will move automatically to the new dates.
Working in tandem with the MBCC, the show organizers secured a tenancy for both the Tissue World Miami conference and exhibition that are set to run concurrently. The Informa Markets team currently is discussing the revised dates with speakers and exhibitors with the expectation of securing their participation in November.
“We have been closely following developments since COVID–19 began spreading, and made the decision to postpone Tissue World Miami based on feedback from our customers,” said Agnes Gehot, deputy event director, Informa Markets. “By working closely with our venue partner Miami Beach Convention Center we were able to secure rescheduled dates for the conference and exhibition, which will now serve as an opportunity for our clients and exhibitors to gather in November.”
Holding the show later in the year “gives the market time to recover as demand catches up,” Gehot added.
“The rescheduled date provides clarity and ensures we have time and space to deliver the same fantastic event we promised, providing a safe and secure environment conducive to business, networking and professional education for the tissue production industry,” she said.
With the conference theme of “Ready for Reinvention, Ripe for Disruption: Will the 20s Roar for Tissue?” the conference and exhibition are expected to draw 200 exhibiting companies and more than 2,500 attendees from nearly 70 countries to South Florida.
Registration for North America’s largest gathering of the global tissue trade is still open and can be accessed at https://www.tissueworld.com/miami/en-us. Attendees typically include suppliers to the tissue industry, tissue converters, integrated tissue product makers, jumbo roll suppliers and retailers and distributors.
The Tissue World Miami conference brings fresh, critical and creative perspectives on America’s tissue business. Conference presenters will offer inspiration and interaction on these major themes:
- Supply-side volatility and risk with a focus on fiber supply.
- Human risk factors such as attracting and retaining skills.
- Reliance on supplier knowledge as opposed to in-house skill.
- Cyber security and the vulnerabilities that increase with greater connectivity.
Operational Game Changers
- Change drivers such as sustainability — including the need to ditch single-use plastics, its implications through the supply chain and the potential gains from upgrading.
- Assessing the return on investment of upgrading America’s tissue-making assets.
- Managing change – from evolving routes to market to technological adaptation imposed by such external factors as legislation and customer demand.
- Trends and forecasts.
- The contrasting shopper propositions of in-store vs. online.
- AfH – the rise of e-commerce and the challenge of cut-price entrants.
For more information about Tissue World Miami 2020, visit:
Conference Sessions: https://www.tissueworld.com/miami/en-us/conferencesessions