ANDRITZ has received an order from Stora Enso to deliver a new debarking line, a new biomass boiler, and to upgrade the recausticizing plant for its Oulu mill in Finland.
- ANDRITZ sustainable technologies help Stora Enso achieve its sustainability goals
- ANDRITZ debarking line minimizes wood losses, biomass boiler ensures lowest emissions, and recausticizing plant minimizes effluent volume
The scope of supply, on EPC basis, includes:
- New debarking line, equipped with digital Smart Wood Processing products, with a capacity of about 270 m3 solid wood over-bark per hour, providing excellent debarking results with very low wood losses.
- New biomass power boiler with a steam production capacity of 216 t/h based on the high-efficiency ANDRITZ EcoFluid bubbling fluidized bed (BFB) technology, ensuring low NOx and other gaseous emissions.
- Recausticizing plant upgrade for 5,000 m3/d white liquor production. The delivery includes new generation LimeLine recausticizing equipment such as LimeWhite-H filter maximizing the white liquor quality and minimizing effluent amount, and StiroX white liquor oxidizer.
The order is part of Stora Ensoʼs project to convert a former paper machine at the Oulu mill into a high-volume consumer board production line.
This order demonstrates the ongoing solid business relationship between ANDRITZ and Stora Enso. ANDRITZ also supplied production technologies and key process equipment to the Oulu mill for the first machine conversion from paper to kraftliner in 2021, which included the rebuild of the fiberline and drying machine, as well as modernization of the stock preparation system.
International technology group ANDRITZ offers a broad portfolio of innovative plants, equipment, systems, services and digital solutions for a wide range of industries and end markets. ANDRITZ is a global market leader in all four of its business areas – Pulp & Paper, Metals, Hydro, and Separation. Technological leadership, global presence and sustainability are the cornerstones of the group’s strategy, which is focused on long-term profitable growth. The publicly listed group has around 27,900 employees and over 280 locations in more than 40 countries.
ANDRITZ PULP & PAPER
ANDRITZ Pulp & Paper provides sustainable technology, automation, and service solutions for the production of all types of pulp, paper, board and tissue. The technologies and services focus on maximum utilization of raw materials, increased production efficiency, lower overall operating costs as well as innovative decarbonization strategies and autonomous plant operation. Boilers for power generation, flue gas cleaning systems, various nonwoven technologies, panelboard (MDF) production systems, as well as recycling and shredding solutions for numerous waste materials also form a part of this business area. State-of-the-art IIoT technologies as part of Metris digitalization solutions complete the comprehensive product offering.