Xerium Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: XRM), a leading global provider of industrial consumable products and services, recently hosted over 120 customers for a technical seminar in Kunshan, China.
The seminar titled, “Innovative Technology - Upgrade Your Paper Machine," was held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Kunshan, China June 7-8, 2017.
Bob Burke, President of Xerium Asia commented, “More and more paper mills are looking for efficiency improvements in their existing machine assets. And Xerium is an expert at helping customers achieve those higher levels of performance. Xerium is always developing new technologies geared to saving fiber, energy and to improving the overall profitability of machines."
Bill Butterfield, EVP and Chief Technology Officer, and Gary Kilbourne, Global VP Application Engineering were the keynote speakers sharing Xerium's latest technology in forming fabrics, press felts, and roll covers.
The technical presentations addressed:
- New TransForm forming fabrics, which combine enhanced sheet quality, improved stability, maximum dewatering performance and longest life potential due to its unique structure and proprietary polymer technology
- Xerium’s new AnalytiX approach to full machine optimization
- New designs of Formsoft tissue forming fabric technology
- New triple layer single-base press felt technology, in both endless and seamed versions
- New tissue seam felt technology
- QS - quick saturation and Booster technology which greatly improve startup on modern press sections
- Blue Diamond polyurethane roll cover engineered specially for paperboard and packaging
- And, EnerSoft TS polyurethane cover which delivers superior performance on demanding tissue machines
Numerous success stories were shared of how Xerium differentiates itself from other machine clothing and roll cover suppliers by helping customers overcome industry challenges of today, proving that major improvements in machine performance and profitability are achievable without spending millions of dollars.
Since it came online in 2015, Xerium has significantly increased its competitive position in Asia with the Kunshan plant— first with press felt production and now finishing the most modern forming fabric technology from this same world-class facility.
ABOUT XERIUM TECHNOLOGIES
Xerium Technologies, Inc. (XRM) is a leading global provider of industrial consumable products and services. Xerium, which operates around the world under a variety of brand names, utilizes a broad portfolio of patented and proprietary technologies to provide customers with tailored solutions and products integral to production, all designed to optimize performance and reduce operational costs. With 28 manufacturing facilities in 13 countries around the world, Xerium has approximately 2,950 employees.
Source: Xerium Technologies, Inc.