The first day of IWB Week had a lot to offer its participants.
The event Opening Ceremony attracted more than two hundred attendees and offered a very interesting program. The event, opened by Swedish Minister of Rural Affairs, Sven-Erik Bucht and the Chairman of Södra, Lena Ek focused on forest resources as well as sustainable bioeconomy of tomorrow. After the opening ceremony there was a very appreciated panel discussion about the policy of using biomass. The event continued by a focus session on sustainable and intelligent bioeconomy.
The exhibition floor was offering many successful meetings including presentations and talks from the Open Seminars stage.
The IWB Week After Work featuring the release of Innventias Global Outlook Report: “A Cellulose-Based Society” was a great success and gave the IWB Week participants a well-deserved and relaxed few hours with networking, mingling, nice food and drinks. Several exhibitors entertained their customers at their stands.
So what happens today at IWB Week?
• Opening hours 9.00 - 17.00 - WELCOME!
• The conference program starts at 9.15 including four parallel conference sessions focusing on Advanced Biofuels, Power and heat from forest, Carbon fibre, Smart packaging, Biobased materials & the car industry, Nanocellulose and bio-plastics. There will be top interesting presentations by organizations as SunCarbon, the University of Quebec, Acreo, UPM and TeliaSonera. Click here to see the full conference program. You can still register for the conference online or onsite.
• The Open Seminar program starts at 10.00 at the Open Seminar stage in the exhibition area. Organizations like Frontway, Czech Invest, Caverion and Canadian Council of Forest Ministers will present their latest news and innovations.
• Enjoy a coffee, snacks or a drink at the Kemira Innovation Café in exhibition area.
• Stop by the Media Partner Center and get updated on industry news and meet representatives from our carefully selected media representatives from around the world.
• Join the IWB Week BBQ at Hotel Hasselacken in beautiful Djurgården. This is a great opportunity to network, mingle and enjoy good food and drink with a great view over Stockholm. There is still a limited number of tickets available here »
Read more about the many features of IWB Week (click on the items below)
• The exhibition »
• The Conference »
• Company and product presentations »
• IWB Week BBQ »
• Company visits to Innventia and Norrenergi »
• The showroom of Materialbiblioteket including presentations »
• The official event magazines: Nordisk Papperstidning, Bioenergy International and Bioenergi »
• IWB Week After Work »
MOST WELCOME TO STOCKHOLM AND IWB WEEK!
For more information about the event, please visit the official website or download the The IWB Week app for mobile devices.